This recipe comes to us courtesy of Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine. If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to check out Louisiana Cookin’ for yourself.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Courtesy of Chef Rick Tramonto, Restaurant R’evolution,
- 2 cups extra large (16–20 count) white Gulf shrimp cooked, peeled, cleaned, and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 3- to 4-inch sandwich rolls
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, sliced into thin strips (chiffonade)
Combine shrimp, red onion, celery, parsley, tarragon, lemon zest, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Slice each roll in half, then mound 2 to 3 tablespoons of shrimp salad onto bottom half of roll. Top with 4 tablespoons romaine lettuce. Place top bun on sandwich, firmly press edges together to form a seal, trim, and slice to desired width.
Serve on waxed paper or butcher paper at room temperature.