This recipe was originally published in Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine.
MAKES 16 TO 20 SERVINGS
- 1 17-ounce package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Icing (ingredients follow)
Confectioners’ Sugar Icing
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Unfold pastry sheets. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry. Sprinkle with pecans. Roll up each pastry jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. (Hold the dough firmly and roll tightly so the dough does not sag). Pinch seam to seal. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch slices. Place cut side up on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Combine the icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle or spread over rolls.