This recipe comes to us from Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Courtesy of Horace Wiggins, from his book Down Home to Gourmet
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 small green onions,
- finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons salad olives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced
- 3 dashes your favorite Louisiana-style hot pepper sauce
Combine all ingredients except cucumbers and mix well. If you prefer your cucumbers peeled, peel them and then slice to 1/4-inch thickness. Add cucumbers to the dressing mixture and stir. The flavors will continue to improve the longer the mixture sits in the refrigerator.